FULL TIME MAINTENANCE/CUSTODIAN
SacredHeart School System, Inc.
Kingston, Massachusetts 02364
Summary: Sacred School System, Inc.seeks a highly motivated, hardworking and energetic individual with an eye for detail that takes initiative and welcomes responsibility. The successful candidate is responsible forall phases of cleaning and maintenance of the facilities interior, exterior and grounds as directed.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Daily floor care.
· Restroom cleaning and sanitation.
· Cleaning of fixtures and furniture.
· Interior and exterior trash removal.
· Window cleaning.
· Minor building repairs.
· Lawn cutting.
· Snow removal.
· Perform steam boiler checks.
· Additional tasks assigned as necessary to ensure the facility is maintained at a high level of cleanliness and readiness.
· High School diploma, GED, or Trade School degree.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to understand and apply regulations, policies, procedures, safety specifications, standards and guidelines.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
· Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, 65lbs min.
· Ability to climb and work on ladders and scaffolds.
· Ability to work in foul weather environments, physical stamina and endurance.
· Possess manual dexterity.
· Possess mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to handle last minute requests and emergency cleaning response.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment with staff, students and public.
· Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
· Ability to be attentive to details to ensure accuracy and precision.
· Ability to work in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Electrical, plumbing and carpentry experience.
· Incumbent must be a self-starter who takes initiative in all aspects of the job.
· Two years verified facilities janitorial and maintenance experience required in a commercial, education or healthcare setting.
· Use of various types of facilities equipment, janitorial chemicals, landscaping equipment, and assorted hand and power tools.
· Other duties include and are not limited to grounds work, painting, snow removal, and classroom/events setups.
· Works daytime shift during school hours Monday - Friday.
· On call 24/7 for snow removal and facility emergencies.
· Must have dependable all-weather transportation.
· CORI background check and finger printing are required for all employees of Sacred Heart School System, Inc.
Sacred Heart School System, Inc. is an EOE.
Cover Letter, resume and (3) work references required
Starting Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Valid driver’s license required
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
To apply send cover letter, resume, and (3) work reference to Cynthia Crossman, CFO
329 Bishops Hwy
Kingston, MA 02364