Sacred Heart is proud to offer a curriculum that integrates technology and ensures that our students have access to the most cutting edge resources available.
Our extensive technology program includes:
- Personal Chromebooks for every student and teacher in grades Kindergarten to 8
- Personal iPads for Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten students
- SMART Boards & Projectors in all Elementary, Middle, & Early Childhood Center Classrooms
- Upgraded Wi-fi networks and upgraded servers to handle new technology needs at Elementary/Middle School
- Google Apps for Education access for all students and teachers
- Early exposure and education about technology starting at the Early Childhood Center
Sacred Heart also employs comprehensive content filtering software that restricts illicit material, and ensures the online safety and security of our students. Please note that these filters are only active when accessing the internet from school grounds.
Our students benefit from an optimized learning environment that takes advantage of our ever-evolving technological landscape.
Access to SMART Boards and Apple TV
All Elementary/Middle School classrooms are equipped with SMART Boards or Projection systems to enhance the in-class experience.
- Students see their subjects come alive, have real-time interaction with concepts, and explore and manipulate lessons based on learning style.
- Teachers are able to plan more creative lessons, and benefit from immediate access to online resources allowing them to answer questions and provide detailed examples as classroom discussion dictates.
Our Commitment to Making Our Students Good Digital Citizens Starts Early
The Early Childhood Center has SMART boards in each classroom. Teachers use them to create a more engaging and interactive learning environment for different projects and lessons.
The Elementary/Middle School and Early Childhood Center currently have a 1:1 Chromebook/iPad ratio for all students.
Contact the Admissions Office
Through Google Apps for Education all teachers and students in Preschool through Grade 8 have their own email addresses and access to the Google apps suite which provides:
- Collaboration and editing tools, and cloud storage for their documents using Google Drive. All accessible through their Chromeboooks & iPads.
- Teachers can also create class websites for posting updates, assignments and more!